Thorough investigation shows that the car was indeed painted AFTER it left the factory.
Here are some pictures to document this :
- The engine compartment is only painted gold as far as the fender
line; the inner fenders were never
painted gold. Indeed, it would have been impossible for the Tag Galyean
body shop to paint the engine compartment with the engine installed !
- Also the cowl area does not show any signs of gold paint underneath the hood line...
- It also appears that the sill plates were NOT removed when the car was painted at the dealership!
But they WERE removed when the car was painted black... Here's a picture of the right door jamb with the sill plate removed...
- I removed the stainless trim piece that wraps around the right pillar corner. Once again, no gold
paint underneath it, just primer. A better job was done when the car was repainted black!
- The striker was painted gold...
- And, later on, with the heater box and brake booster removed, the firewall showed nothing but primer...
Please click HERE to continue